Political and human rights rants aside there are still plenty of ways
to get around the great
firewall. Here are options which should provide you with unfiltered
access (continually updated):
- Anonymous proxy (free) many free services provide
web-based proxies [1, 2, 3].
- PaperBus (free) surprisingly good free proxy
service with easy installation (download
- Witopia (paid) VPN service which provides
relatively fast service. My review
- 12vpn (paid) similar to Witopia with optimized
configurations for selected regions. My review
- Freedur (paid) plug-n-play proxy service with
simple software for all platforms (register
- StrongVPN (paid) VPN service with large number of
servers worldwide and great support (register
- Tor (free) slow but very secure and reliable p2p
onion routing network. My guide here.
- Hotspot Shield (free) another VPN service which
provides free service but
- Freegate (free) proxy service created by the
Global Internet Freedom Consortium (download here).
- UltraSurf (free) encrypted proxy service similar
to Freegate (download here).
- SSH tunnel (requires server) for more technical
people see this guide
here (if you dont have a server try this one).
- Skydur (paid) service is a clone of Freedur by a disgruntled former employee. Avoid.
- Other services (not tested): Alonweb, UltraVPN, blackVPN, ItsHidden.